MARS Visitor Centre is reopening for pre-booked outdoor tours of up to eight people, Fridays to Sundays.
What you will see and experience:
- Stories of rescue, recovery, rehabilitation, and release of our animal patients
- An outside guided tour* of our Ambassador Bird enclosures–meet our resident eagles, hawk, and owls.
- An eagle-eye view into our new flight pen
- A native plant garden and wild space
- A visit with an Ambassador Bird and bird handler
- A wonderful gift shop with books, toys, puzzles, and wildlife-themed local photography and crafts
And when we fully re-open:
- Indoor exhibits featuring raptors, waterfowl, and other native wildlife
- Hands-on areas with nests, feathers, bones, and other animal artifacts.
- A sound station where you can test your knowledge of bird calls
- A special children’s area which invites exploration of our animal-rescue themes.
* We recommend closed-toed footwear for outdoor tours.
Admission by donation
$5 suggested per person
Our Visitor Center is wheelchair accessible
Our outdoor paths are flat and accommodate wheelchairs and strollers in most areas.
10 minutes north of Courtenay,
in Merville, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Learn how we can ALL help wildlife and reduce our impact on wild places
Who should visit?
- People of all ages!
- Families with children, youth, parents, and grandparents
- Groups, teams, and school classes by prearrangement (when we fully re-open)—book a visit for your group.
PLEASE NOTE: DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Dogs are not allowed on the property, not even on a leash. Their presence causes stress to our birds.
Thank you for your cooperation.